(Find songs on YouTube in playlist LifeCycle: songs by Liz Campbell

Sunday, June 28, 2020

Come play with me


It
 came to me in my dreams – a message: life is a game, a dance!



No need to take it too seriously – it’s a game: it could go either this way or that. Follow the basic rules, creatively. Think laterally, have FUN!

Margaret Fuller, a forerunner of modern feminism, wrote back in 1845:

"this world is no mere spectacle or fleeting shadow, but a great, solemn game to be played with good heed, for its stakes are of eternal value".

I love games. I love the way they hold us together for a time span. It has a beginning and an end, and the best games are full of intrigue, unpredictable twists and surprises. It’s best not to cheat but to be on high alert for the next best move, crafty or obvious.

Games illustrate consequence –  this move results in the likelihood of that happening. 

I awaken from a dream with this in my head:

     “come play with me!

     “come dance with me!”

A loving summons to live this way from this playful, ever-evolving, spinning energy.


And so the secret love affair spins on....

    

Liz Campbell is the sole writer and composer of all the published material on this blogsite, unless otherwise stated.

She has further blogsites:
   songs for children http://connectsongdance.blogspot.com/
   aspects of smallholding https://jessam-smallholding.blogspot.com/         
                                                                               






No comments:

Post a Comment